Deb
So taking a trip without your kids can be a little nerve racking... although it was nice to spend time with my hubby alone... nonetheless it can be nerve racking. My mother in love an sister in love came down to help take care of them while we were gone, which was great...BUT it was my nieces who really, really helped keep the girls entertained while we were in Vegas. Well, as a thank you I wanted to give them something special. So I decided to do these -






I had seen journal jars on a couple of different blogs that I read, and I thought that would be a fun thing for them and a great way to get them to write and think about things. (I know, I know, I'm such a teacher). So I found the jars and journals at IKEA...I love that store... and I just jazzed them up a bit. Then I printed out a lot of journal starters (questions for them to ponder and write about. i.e. Write about something that just drives you batty? Describe a time when a prayer was answered. What are you like now? Do you like yourself? If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why? Who was your favorite teacher in elementary school, and why?) The girls really liked them. There are actually journal starters for mothers, fathers, etc. I thought this would be a good gift to give to someone who has just found out they are pregnant. A great way to journal the entire pregnancy. What do you think?

I have the list of Journal starters, so if you're interested just drop me a comment and I'll send them your way.

I found a few other treasures today at Hobby Lobby. The deals weren't as great as others I've read about on the blogs I stalk, but they were still pretty darn good. I'll post the pics in the AM since they are still out in my car and I'm just too lazy to go get them and take pics of them right now. I will say though, if you want some fun rod iron home accents, you might want to go by. My HL only had them for 66% off, but that was still a pretty good deal.

Okay, I'm off to watch The Tudors. Ever since I watched The Other Boleyn Girl, I am interested in learning about that time period. Plus watching Henry Cavill in action doesn't hurt either. He really should have been cast as Edward in Twilight, but oh well.

Okay, have a great night.
*ciao*
deb
7 Responses
  1. Blogger Says:

    I love those Journals, so pretty! I wish I had a Hobby Lobby nearby, I keep reading about that store in blogland and I'm sad that I don't have one closeby!

    I posted the pics of my kitchen this AM, please come take and look and give me any advice that you have, thanks :)


  2. Nicol Says:

    I love the journals! What a great idea!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    What a cute idea... I love how you jazzed those jars up... Susie h~


  4. Shannon Says:

    What a cute idea for the journals!! I have been wanting to watch this show. I'll probably wait until the seasons come on dvd since I've already missed so much.


  5. Celeste Says:

    i think i need a jazzy journal jar for my classroom... it might have to be a bit bigger though. it may motivate some more writing if they see me getting the prompt from a fancy jar.... wanna get creative for me?? find me a jar and jazz it up and i'll send you some dollars!! (please, oh crafty cousin...)


  6. Chris Says:

    Love the journal ideas! Looks like I'm gonna have to copy that. :) I just got The Other Boleyn Girl from Netflix, and I can't wait to watch it. Now I know I can watch The Tudors after it! Thanks!


  7. Mary Says:

    Great gift ideas. So thoughtful!