Deb


I am sooooooo excited. I have been wanting a new camera for a long time. I hated the way my photos came out with my regular point and click, and it was completely frustrating not to be able to get photos from far away. Well, now I don't have to worry about that anymore. This camera is AWESOME!! Here are some random pics I took with it. What do you think??







Okay, I know the photos aren't that impressive, BUT you have to consider how incredible crappy my photos were before. Seriously people, they were total crap, so this is a huge improvement. I could never have gotten that picture of my den in one shot... NEVER!! And the other thing is that was taken in the evening with bad light. Plus I am super excited about finally being able to take a picture with the background blurry and the main subject in focus. Look at that yellow Gerber. Isn't it great? Breathe Deb, breathe...

So now I am pouring over Holly's blog and of course The Pioneer Woman blog so that I can learn all I can about my new baby. Their photos are AMAZING!!! I so want to be able to do that. Oh, and best of all, Holly has these photography workshops that they conduct in Arizona, and they've decided to have one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. She's having a drawing for free tuition to her workshop (which is out of my budget at the moment)... but how awesome would it be to be able to go and learn the tricks they know for taking AMAZING photos!!!??? So I am crossing my fingers and my toes, and anything else I can get into that position hoping that I'll win. Cross your fingers with me... ready...go! Okay maybe that will bring me more luck. Lets hope. So go check out their blogs and drool over their pictures with me. You won't be disappointed.

So of course, I couldn't just have a regular, standard camera case right?? So I am going to pimp up my camera case. Just wait till you see this people. I can't wait to get it done to show it to you.

Okay, I'm off to get ready for lunch with my friends. It's been forever since I saw my friends Pippin and Jennifer so we're off to the square for lunch. Maybe I'll take my baby and snap some fun pics of the square. We'll see.

Have a great day guys.
*ciao*
deb
7 Responses
  1. Darlene Says:

    Happy Birthday and how exciting to have a new camera to play with!!! GREAT photos already and I'm sure you will learn to do a lot more neat tricks! Have a great time at lunch today.


  2. Shannon Says:

    Happy Birthday and how fun!! Have fun learning all about it!


  3. Unknown Says:

    Happy Birthday love the camera!


  4. Tausha Says:

    Yea! happy birthday! Don't you just love when you get exactly what you want-and it's better than you ever thought possible?
    Congrats! Can't wait to see the camera case. With your talents, i don't douby the fabulousness that will come of it!
    Hope you had a fun lunch. Lunch with girlfriends are always the best!


  5. Kristin Says:

    Nice birthday gift--how fun!


  6. Deb, that's great! It seems like so many bloggers have been getting new camera's lately. Enjoy!!!

    Happy Birthday too!!!


  7. Tanielle Says:

    Great Birthday gift...lucky girl. That is my next big want.