Deb
so since the holiday of thanks is coming up, i thought i would sit and think about all that i am thankful for. i really think that we often take for granted a lot of what we have, especially the simple things that we see every day but just don't really pay attention to. so here is my thankful list, and i'm going to tag all of you reading to do the same and leave me a comment with your list of thankful items. (seriously people, i know i have a lot of lurkers out there, so just leave me some love okay...) Okay here we go, in no particular order.

1. my husband that works so hard for us... i often hear people complain about how their husbands are always at work or that they are workaholics. okay, i can totally relate to the frustration that arises from not seeing your husband quite as much as you would like. it is definitely hard having them gone until all hours of the evening and working weekends, and really not having that adult conversation or break time. but what a gift it is to have a husband that loves his family so much as to work so hard, and so many hours so that, as in our case, i am able to stay home to raise our daughters. so i am VERY thankful for my husband... I love you Alex.

2. my daughters... it is so hard to be a mom. Oprah is totally and 100% right when she says that being a mother is the hardest job anyone will ever have. there are days when i want to pull my hair out. there are days when i would love to be able to go to the bathroom by myself. there are days when i would like to sweep my floors and not feel a rush of blood to my head when i see bits of play dough all over it half an hour later. there are days like that yes. but there are days when i sit and stare at them and am amazed by the light in their eyes when they first discover something. there are days when my heart melts as i see how concerned they are for me when i am not feeling well. and there are days when the sound of their laughter makes it all worth it.

3. electricity... such an amazing thing, how did people ever live without it.

4. our teachers... we are truly blessed by the teachers that we were given this year. Thank you Katie and Yoli.

5. advair... this has made our lives so much better. my belle hasn't been sick in over a year thanks to this.

6. the internet... anything you ever wanted to know, is right at your finger tips... that could be good and bad, but mostly good.

7. family... what a blessing it is to have a close family that you know you could turn to for anything. Whether near or far, actual family, or friends that are just as close, i am so thankful to have you all in my life.

8. our home... a house is a house, but it is the love and care that fills a house that makes a home. ours if filled with both.

9. friends... i am proud to say that i have some of the best friends ever. some i see often, some i see on occasion, but i treasure you all. i feel so lucky to have a special connection with each of you.

10. faith... i can't imagine what my life would be like if i didn't have God to turn to every day. sometimes it's guidance, sometimes it's hope, sometimes it's just to say thanks. it is my faith that helps me to know that things will be alright sometimes.

so thank you to all of you who come to visit my little world every once in a while. i am thankful for your well wishes and good thoughts.

gotta go make some dinner. have a great evening.

*ciao*
3 Responses
  1. Celeste Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Celeste Says:

    so i really had to stop and think about this. i asked my students to write about this today and i actually sat and wrote too. so i will give you the short and sweet version of it all....
    1. family
    2. my job
    3. my friends
    4. broken hearts
    5. my house
    6. my students
    7. faith
    8. Wal Mart, Target, Pottery Barn, etc....
    9. microwaves

    (sorry, i had to delete the other one, because i saw typos....)


  3. Rainie Says:

    This is such a great entry. I love the list and second all of that.