Deb
I love to go garage saleing... but I just have a hard time getting out there early enough. Plus, many times the ones I get to don't have what I am looking for. Well, low and behold, some genius came up with the concept of the online garage sale. BRILLIANT!!! If you're patient, and lucky, you can find the most amazing deals on Craigslist. Well, my sister has found the most amazing deals on Craigslist, I have yet to find exactly what I want. For example, she bought these wicker chairs which she has painted and added to her front porch.




$20, a coat of paint and some clearance cushions and voila, a beautiful porch. Then she found this for her sunroom, also for $20.



She is still undecided as to the color this will be when it is all done. She was inspired by the Nester's stars, and decided to put up some of her own.


Next we move on to the kitchen. She found these chairs for... wait for it... $50 for all of them. Each one was a different color, but thanks to some trusty black spray paint, they are now looking like this. Can't wait to see how fabulous her kitchen table will look when it's all done.




Finally, there is the couch for my niece's room. Now my niece's room is HUGE!! Seriously, all she needs up there is a refrigerator, and she would never need to go down stairs. So when they first moved in, the furniture which previously overpowered the room in the old house, now looked tiny. So we were in search of a couch to go into this "fabulous to be" teenage room. We had seen the couches at IKEA, and thought those would be fun and modern for the room. Well, after much searching she found the couch. Originally listed "for free"... she just about had a heart attack... she ended up offering money to get it and in the end paid $50. Can you believe it. Look how fabulous it looks.



So now I am in search of something fabulous for my home. I really want some of those wicker chairs, and a bench for the foot of my bed, and a chair for our office area.

Do you have any Craigslist treasures?

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
4 Responses
  1. Darlene Says:

    I have never searched on Craigslist but wow...what deals!! I absolutely LOVE the black wicker chairs!! I want some for my porch....better check Craigslist!!!


  2. Joy Says:

    I don't ever look at Craigslist. I guess I figure that I spend enough money at thrift stores.
    Your sister found some great treasures. Maybe you should just hire her to find some for you. Good luck with your search!


  3. Marie Says:

    I love those cushions on those porch chairs!!! They look like Garden Ridge cushions! I almost bought them, but they were still too pricey for me. lol

    I don't have any "treasures" from Craig's List... just the bed in my guest room. And I got it CHEAP. I try not to tell people they are sleeping on a Craigs List bed though... ha ha.


  4. I am SOOOOO addicted to CL! I think half of the furniture in my home is from CL, including all of my light fixtures! :)