Deb
Over the past few years it seems that the type of art that we put in our houses has changed quite a bit. We are doing more iron art, old vintage signs, and letters. I have fully embraced this alternative art form in our home. As I was walking around the house yesterday, I realized that I have a lot of words in the house. But I think they all bring a whimsical homeyness (is that a word) to the space.




I made these shortly after we moved into our house. They have gone through a few transformations and a few moves.


I'm not loving these plaques anymore. I'm probably getting rid of them soon.






I know it's a lot huh? Look around your home, and see what kind of "sign" language you have. It might be more than you thought.

My mom was in town visiting us last week, and she told us about these awesome hooks that they have used to hang up difficult to hang items (i.e. heavy, awkward size, or just regular pics) without having to use anchors in the wall. They are called Hercules Hooks. We got them at Bed Bath and Beyond using a 20% off coupon so they came out to about $12. Not cheap, especially when you are used to getting stuff for really cheap lately, but they are well worth it. We hung up some stuff here, including my plates that I have been collecting over the past several weeks. What do you think?




(Note: I didn't use those expensive hooks to hang these. I am saving them for the heavier stuff I have to hang.)
I have more pics to show of some great buys we found while my mom was here and a few transformations, but I'll save those for tomorrow.
Have a great day, and stay out of the heat. It is suppose to be 104 here today. We will definitely be keeping cool.

*ciao*
deb
6 Responses
  1. Tausha Says:

    Have I got a secret to tell you! I don't know if you have a Family Dollar around you-if you do, walk don't run to the nearest one. They have fake Hercules Hooks 15 for $5 bucks! They are just as awesome as the expensive real things! I use them all the time! All the time! They are holding up every single window in my house! I love the black and white! It looks awesome!! Love it all! Hope that you have a family dollar!


  2. Marie Says:

    I have a stack of signs in the guest room closet that I no longer hang. It's quite sad. I used to have a stairwell sign display that would rival any Bennigans or Applebee's, let me tell you. lol

    I've never even heard of Hercules Hooks! I'll have to check them out.


  3. oh, I love all of your "sign language". I know I have a ton of it in my house too! I feel like it makes the space more personal because it's like your thoughts on a wall! :)

    And I have seen infomercials for the Hercules Hooks...I just might have to go get some.
    thanks for sharing!


  4. Joy Says:

    I like your "sign" language. I've collected a few signs myself. My favorites are the ones that remind me that "It's a Wonderful Life" and "It doesn't get much better than this."


  5. Kim Says:

    I must say that I love sign language - keeps me in business!! tee hee!! And I love some Hercules Hooks - we have used them in so many places - you will love them too!


  6. Blogger Says:

    Your plates look great, your HL find and garage sale find are wonderful, too....love your signs...loving everything!

    And Happy Birthday to your little one, too, she's a doll:)

    Bella