Deb
Okay, so it took me a little while to get myself in gear, but I am super happy with the final result. So Chris over at Just a Girl had a party this week.



I haven't been much in the crafting mood lately, but I thought this was a good way to get me into the swing of things. So here is what I decided to make...



I know it looks like it is difficult, but it is pretty easy. All you need is one of these...



these...



and this. It is actually ground glass and it makes it look all sparkly. I'm pretty sure you can find this at the most craft stores.





So I saw this idea about two years ago at Recollections and fell in love with it. I bought the Dazzling Diamonds and just had it sitting around waiting for the inspiration. Thanks Chris for the inspiration. It is really pretty easy. You just cut strips of white scrapbook paper and start adhering them to the paper mache base.



I used Modge Podge for this. This is a little time consuming but well worth it. Then I brushed on more Modge Podge onto all the layers and sprinkled the Dazzling Diamonds onto it. NOTE OF CAUTION!! This is crushed glass, so you want to make sure to do this on newspaper or plastic so that you can collect it safely when you are done. I also plan on adding a silver jingle bell garland to it. We'll see if my vision works or not.

I also made this for my friend Maret...



It looks much better in person. I think I need to make some more of these. I also have some other ideas for Christmas decorations that I need to get moving on. I'll post those as I make them.

Okay, I'm off to bed. We are in countdown mode. Nine more days people!!! I can't wait. I'm actually going with friends to the midnight showing of Twilight. I'm really going to have get my caffeine fix that day, although I have a feeling I won't have a problem staying up.

Have a good night.
*ciao*
deb
16 Responses
  1. AJ Says:

    Love the sparkly tree!! I just got the first Twilight book tonight. I'm hoping I like it as much as everyone else. I have felt like I was missing out on a secret:)



  2. Unknown Says:

    how pretty! We are counting down too I can't wait!


  3. Darlene Says:

    Hi Deb,

    Your crafts are absolutely FABULOUS!! LOVE them!!!

    I lack two chapters in Breaking Dawn so I WILL be finishing it today. The whole series has been unbelievable!!! I am sure I enjoyed it 10 times more than any teenager as the series was written for!!! My girlfriend, that I got hooked on the series, blew past me with reading them and is so excited for us to go to the movie. She has already also bought the soundtrack and told me I HAVE to get it!! Can't WAIT for the movie. I guarantee you if it is a midnight premier in this small town, we WILL be there!!!


  4. Chris Says:

    I LOVE this. If you know anything about me, you know my love for glitter! This is right up my alley! I'm so glad you joined the party!


  5. Celeste Says:

    OK... so fabulous sparkly tree, HOWEVER.... i am STILL waiting for halloween pictures of the girls!!! i think i'll be there before i get to see them!! and let me just tell you that i can't dang wait because that means that all the craziness of school will be OVER!! i hate, hate, hate parent teacher conferences!! i am SUPER STRESSED OUT!!


  6. Claudia Says:

    Very pretty!
    Love the cross!
    Hope everyone is well and well over being sick!


  7. THAT is so cool! I love it! And you could do it in any color!


  8. Shannon Says:

    Love those ideas!! I didn't know you could buy that shaped like a tree!!! I need to go to Hobby Lobby now! :) LOVE that cross!!


  9. I totally missed the boat on this challenge! But your creations are awesome! I love that tree, and I am SO making one of those crosses RIGHT NOW! :)

    Also, I am having a giveaway over at my blog, I would love for you to come check it out! :)


  10. OH MY GOODNESS! I needed this idea soooo bad. I have 2 paper mache topiaries I got for 25 cents. I couldn't decide what I wanted to cover them with, but now I know. Your tree turned out beautiful. I think I'll do mine red. Thanks for the fab inspiration!


  11. Angie Seaman Says:

    LOVE the cross. Adorable. Thanks for sharing your great ideas.
    Blessings, Angie Seaman
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com


  12. Tausha Says:

    I love love love that tree! What a great idea! I think that I can do that, as soon as you tell me where I get the sparkly diamond stuff! Great idea-I think that they would look great on my sofa table. Maybe 3-each a different size.
    About how much is the diamondy stuff, and how much do you use on each tree?
    Thanks for the help!


  13. AndreaLeigh Says:

    Hi, I'm visiting from Just a Girl! I love your project. I've been searching everywhere (ok, just Michaels so far) and I can't find a plain cone for the base. Where did you find yours?


  14. cherry Says:

    Soooooooooooooo pretty Deb...you are so inspirational. cherry


  15. What a great tree~ it looks so elegant. Thanks so much for sharing how to make this with all of us.
    xo Lidy