Deb

So everyone who reads this knows that I am secretly obsessed with Twilight. Well okay, it's not a secret at all. I absolutely loved the books and have read them all a few times. ANYWAY... I was super, duper excited to see the movie. I had family coming in on opening day, which meant that I HAD to go see it early. There was no way I was going to be able to wait until Monday to go see it. So I got a group of my friends together, we all purchased our tickets together and we went to the midnight showing of Twilight. We were all completely giddy. (Isn't it crazy that a movie could do this to grown women?) We got there at 10PM thinking this was plenty of time to get in line. WRONG!!!! Not only were we late, but the entire theater was completely packed. We sat at the very top (okay like three rows from the top) in the very corner. How crazy is that? All you could see was girls texting, laptop computers out, girls doing their homework... I mean come on people, it was a Thursday night. There was even one poor man who had obviously told his daughter he would take her and her friends, but he was staying too. Yeah, he sure looked thrilled.

So the movie. Did I love it? Weeelllll???? I liked it. I went in expecting that there was no way it could live up to the book. There were funny scenes that were meant to be funny, and there were funny scenes that came from the pure cheesiness of it. I think some of the characters were great, and some were eeehhh. I have to admit that seeing Edward walking into the cafeteria that first time took my breath away. He definitely did a good job. And Charlie was perfect. I love how they gave him that cool aspect. But there was a lot left out of the book. I know that it is difficult to fit a 500 page book into 2 hours, but it seems sooo rushed. I think if I hadn't read the book, I would have probably been lost and confused. And I have to admit, there was a lot of cheese. More than I would have liked. So in the end I give it 3 out of 5 popcorn buckets. Will I see it again you ask? ABSOLUTELY! I mean, hello, it's Twilight. My wish for the next movie I really, really hope that they put more money into it. The effects have to be better. I also really hope that they get another director. Someone who knows how to eliminate the cheese.

Can't wait for countdown to New Moon to start. Woohoo!!

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
10 Responses
  1. Darlene Says:

    Oh no Deb...only a 3????? OK am I more obsessed than you or I'm just older and enjoyed the romantic part of it more??? I have seen it twice now and want to see it again.....what's up with that?!?!?! It did seem really low budget to me and I am sure the next one will have a lot more money put into it. Yes, there were cheesy parts but overall, I truly loved it!! I think it was mostly the chemistry between Edward and Bella.


  2. Unknown Says:

    I agree it was totally rushed through but I would watch it again!


  3. AJ Says:

    Deb! You were one of the reasons that I felt I needed to check out the books. Now I don't know whether or not I should thank you or scold you;) Obession does not quite describe how I feel about these books! I feel silly to say but it's a little too all-consuming!! I'm about half-way through the last book and as much as I want to rush through so I now how it ends, I don't want the series to be over! What will I do without my ♥Edward♥ Maybe get my life back?! I did enjoy the movie although I started not feeling well right when we got to the theater and had to spend some time in the bathroom:( Had I not been so consumed with my stomach plague I might have caught some of the cheesiness. That and the constant drooling over Rob P. kept me distracted! Can't wait for New Moon! Until then I guess I will re-read and listen to the audio tapes of the books!
    Love your music selections! I'm thinking we have the same taste. Last week when I was listening to Flyleaf I was so thinking "All Around Me" should have been in the movie!


  4. I agree with you but I've seen it 3 times. I guess I like cheesiness.(not really, just Edward) I'm in need of Edward Anonymous or some type of therapy. Help!


  5. Shannon Says:

    I bought this book last week. I can't wait to start it!


  6. Nichole Says:

    I went to see it today. It was pretty much what I expected it to be. I definitly agree with your 3 popcorn buckets :o)


  7. Celeste Says:

    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com-quottwilightquot-director-won39t-shoot-sequel-reuters

    ask, and you shall receive....


  8. cherry Says:

    I hve not seen it and will wait till dvd probley. I have heard mixed reviews on it.and I hate it when a movie does not live up to the book. cherry


  9. Valarie Lea Says:

    Loved it, have seen it twice, I agree on some parts being cheesy, but I had not read the book before seeing it, and then read all the books within about two weeks. I did know what was going on though because I have two daughters who had already read them and I remembered things they had told me. Have you heard they have decided on the new director for New Moon? His name is Chris Weitz, it was on Stephenie Meyers website. :)


  10. (Lurker here, but had to put my two cents in.)

    I loved the books. I loved the movie. It was rushed, but I feel like they cut out mostly the lengthy, drawn out teenage obsessiveness/relaionship mush of Bella & Edward. You just had to come in understanding pretty quickly that there was a serious connection b/w those two.

    My comment on the cheese is this - how can you love the books (which are so, so cheesey in every sense of the word) and not expect the cheese to be in the movie? I think we are all more comfortable reading the cheese alone by ourselves with our imagination than seeing it actually spoken and acted out loud by real people. There - now I've said it. And I'll end again by saying that I loved the books and the movie . . . a whole whole lot!