Deb
We were stuck at home today. Fortunately and unfortunately. HUH??? Well, unfortunately we got hit with lots of ice last night. I'm not even kidding, I just sat and watched all those poor people that got stuck on the roads this morning and couldn't move. Fortunately, school was canceled because of it. So we got to have a pajama day at home. But have you ever noticed that when you can't leave your house, you really want to leave your house. Like you have this overwhelming need to get out and go to the store or something. Totally weird. So I decided that I would go shopping. No I'm not crazy. I was not about to hit the roads after sitting for almost two hours this morning watching car after car get stuck on tv. No, I'm perfectly fine shopping right from the comfort of my home. What better way to shop than with jammies and bed head right? Just kidding.

So I shopped my house. I wanted to make something for my mud area that I am creating in my laundry/weight room. Our laundry room is really large. So large that my husband decided to put his weights and the treadmill in there when we first bought our house. It works out well, except when I am in the middle of doing laundry and he wants to lift weights, but that is another story. So anyway, back to my mud area. I have been working on and moving some stuff to "the area" for the past couple of days and decided that I needed something else in there. My dilema... 1. the ice, 2. I've been restricted to necessities only, so no shopping for the rest of the week, 3. I don't really want to get out of my jammies. What to do, what to do?

Well, I went into my magical closet of stuff, and pulled out this...



and this...



then I pulled off some foam core from the back of some pictures I had and hot glued it to my board...



covered it with my fabric and made this...



Oh and the rod iron scroll came from my kitchen. I just didn't like where it was, so I re-purposed it. I needed a place to put lunch menus and Alex's workout routine stuff. He is always losing it. Now it will be right there on the wall. I just need to make some cute push pins for my new bulletin board.



I need to paint the room, which will happen next week, and then I'll show you all my final product. So far, I'm loving it!!

Okay, I'm off to make some yummy chicken enchiladas for dinner. Have a great evening.

*ciao*
deb
7 Responses
  1. Shannon Says:

    That looks so cute! I love it hanging on the scroll work!


  2. Darlene Says:

    We have had two days off because of the ice. We will see about tomorrow. I LOVE your new board you made and how you have it hanging...that turned out GREAT! Your laundry room sounds fabulous to be able to hold the workout equipment also. I wish we had somewhere to put our treadmill but it is in the garage right now.


  3. Tausha Says:

    I am loving the board idea. It is way cuter cause it was free AND you didn't have to get out of your jammies! I am also loving the chair! Too cute! I love the idea of spraying the chair. I am going to the thrift store tomorrow because I am really really sick of my super dark family room-so I will add look for a funky retro chair to my list of things I really dont need but I really want!


  4. Rainie Says:

    Look at resourceful you! I can't wait to see the final product. I will always be jealous of your gigantic Texas size wash room. Was that what your Hobby Lobby trip was about??


  5. Liz Says:

    Debbie, I can't wait until you can come to my house with your "Debbie Magic"! I've been stashing some mad money and you can do a "While You're Out" segment on my house.
    Kisses to the girls!

    Love ya,
    Izzie


  6. I love this idea...especially the iron work party. Sooo nice!


  7. Joy Says:

    Cute bulletin board!
    Wow! you have been creating some wonderful things. It's been fun to see what you've been up to.