Deb
Chairs are easy to transform... as I've already shown you with my kitchen chairs. A little fabric can totally transform a chair. This also holds true to those not so attractive chairs that so many of us have in our offices. The designers of those chairs did not take into consideration the aesthetic aspect of their design. It was all about function with those chairs. Luckily, with some fabric, maybe some paint, and a screw driver, there is some hope for those yucky chairs.

Alex didn't see to much wrong with this chair in the girls' room...



Me on the other hand, well where do I start??? The ugly 1980's old rose fabric, the shiny chrome base, the gross feel of the fabric. I couldn't take it any longer. So out came my spray paint...love that stuff, then I used some fabric from a left over project, and my trusty staple gun, and voila! Instant 60's throwback without the tackiness.





Here's the one that I spend most of my time in. So much better than what it used to look like, and super easy.



Okay, now for the piece de resistance... my ridonculously fantabulous Craigslist find...

So here is the before...uuuggghhh!



and here is the after...




Isn't it beautimous??? Alex kept saying it was an ugly chair. Well just for that, he doesn't get to sit in it. I absolutely love it. And since I was painting anyway, I just painted that planter next to it also. Love the weathered look. I'm thinking it will be serving as a side table. Some weathered rocks in it, and a round glass top to finish it off. I have to admit, I'm kind of looking forward to spring time... kind of I said.

13 Responses
  1. Blogger Says:

    GORGEOUS transformations!

    We did our kitchen chairs and a gossip bench last year...but I would never think to do office chairs! They are so cute!!!

    Stop by my blogs this week...I am having 1 giveaway on bella casa news and 18 on Bella Casa.

    Great Job!!!! :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    love it! had that wicker chair been for sale in my neck of the woods and not way up in oklahoma by you, it would be mine. but you would have had to paint it for me ;)

    good job sister!

    marie


  3. Darlene Says:

    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE all of your chairs!! They turned out GREAT! I would have never thought about transforming office chairs....


  4. Unknown Says:

    They turned out great!


  5. Rachel Berry Says:

    Okay I have to cover my ugly office chair now. It's just like the spotted one you did. And if you say it's easy well EVEN BETTER!! Love it all you have done a great job.

    Ps. Love that you banished Alex from sitting in your "ugly" chair. Sheesh You showed him!! :) I think it looks FABULOUS!

    ;)Rachel


  6. Shannon Says:

    W-O-W!! They all look fabulous!! Awesome!


  7. Wendy Says:

    Every chair looks great! I have 2 office chairs and I have never thought about changing them. Tomorrow my goal is to have a new chair.


  8. cherry Says:

    Great job Deb..love those fabrics you chose. cherry


  9. Rainie Says:

    Okay, that chair it to die for. You're always amazing me. Hasn't Alex learned yet that you can make anything ugly beautiful??


  10. ok, so...your creative skills make me sick! HEHE!! I L-O-V-E ALL of these! Now I want to get my but to Goodwill and seek out some chairs! hehe


  11. You did a great job on all of them. I really like the one you did for your little girl.

    ~ Sarah


  12. Wow! Those are amazing transformations. I especially the the dots on the girl's chair. I love your vision. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!


  13. I LOOOVE the fabric on your girl's chair!!! SO cute! You did a great job on these!!