Deb
So my bloggie makeover is all done... what do you think? I love it. I decided to go with the blue, since I just can't seem to use it in my home. I'm more of a warm tone girl, so infusing blue into the house is sort of like a cold front. It doesn't work, and my hubby didn't like it when I tried. So this is the only place I can experiment with it.

I've been super busy FINALLY painting the laundry room. What a beating. But I'm done and I'll be posting those pics soon. In the meantime, here are some more pics of my sister's house...

These are the befores of the dining room, well actually just one of the befores,



and here are the afters...








Okay, I just have to say, there is so much in that room that is thrifted. My baby sis is one thrifty chick and let me tell you, she has done an amazing job putting it together. See the chalkboard... $15 frame at a thrift shop and it is FABULOUS in person. Then the buffet... $35 at a thrift store. Love it! Then she has the framed candle sconces... great idea. I don't know the cost, but knowing my sister it was way cheap. Then we have the plates on the wall. She isn't done with that yet, but I think it looks perfect in there. Oh and the chandy? Another thrift store find. Super duper cute!

Now here is the bedroom. I don't have a before pic, but let me just say it was AWFUL. She painted it gray, and added some fun Craigslist finds, some gauzy IKEA curtain panels and voila... instant ambiance and way cool bedroom to hang out in.





Now see this couch... Craigslist! I KNOW!! She seriously amazes me with what she can find on there. Why can't I find a cute love seat like that for my room???





Okay, now this is right next to the door to her bedroom. She needed something fun to put into her thrift shop frame that we painted black, so she used some of my scrapbook paper as art work. Thank goodness someone is able to get some use out of my paper. Now I don't feel so guilty about all my stash that is sitting there being unused. Come to think of it... I may need to put up some fun artwork like that in my laundry room...hmmm.



And finally these fun sconces she found at a yard sale. She didn't even need to paint them. Topped off with a fun flower vase and a metal basket of wooden pears (which she just happened to get at the Salvation Army - $1.50 for a bag of 6... I got some too).

So there you go. You can have a beautiful dining and bedroom for not a lot of money. Go check out your local Goodwill and Salvation Army. You might be surprised what you find. I know I've been quite shocked with my bargains, and even more shocked with my baby sister's. And I am quite proud to say that I have several friends who have taken the plunge into frugal shopping and decorating. I swear it is much more fun.

Okay, I'm off to take Tori to a party. Fun, fun! Can you tell how thrilled I am right now???

Have a great afternoon.
*ciao*
deb
6 Responses
  1. Shannon Says:

    I think she is the Thrifting Queen! :) Her rooms look fabulous! I love that dining room and that huge chalkboard!


  2. cherry Says:

    Very cool and great tastes...love your header. cherry


  3. Tanielle Says:

    Looks so great! I never find great stuff like that! I will have to go shopping more I guess!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with both rooms - they look amazing!


  5. Darlene Says:

    LOVE your new blog look. Your sister's rooms look FABULOUS!!


  6. Great transformation! I love how the dining room turned out. The moldings really show with the new color.