Deb
I have a bad habit. I look at things and think to myself, "It could use a little pimping." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Many times, I end up removing the bling, because it is just a little too much, and simpler is always better. Well, when I got my new camera and camera bag, it was a little too utilitarian for me.



Rather "plain jane" don't you think. I wanted it to be pretty, because really... everything should be pretty right? So I found some "pretty" fabric online, and decided to do this...



While I was doing that, I decided I needed to make myself something for my not so attractive neck strap. So I did this...



Now my things look "pretty". Much better than it used to be.



Now on to show you more of my baby sister's fabulous thrifting finds... As I said, and some of you agreed... she is quickly becoming the "queen" of thrifting. I agree. The girl seriously amazes me sometimes. For example...look at these amazing mirrors in her house.





Can you believe that they only cost her $15 a piece? They are fantabulous!! Darn I wish I had gone with her to that thrift store on that day.

And finally another one of her redos. This is the powder bath just off of the kitchen area. It was pretty yucky before. Totally date, and I swear the people that had this house before my sister must of had a serious love affair with the 80's. Emerald green and pink everywhere.. yes pink walls.


So here is the after. New sink, new floors (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sister's floors), new paint (thank goodness), and quick mistreatment on the window, some fun little decorations, and a brand new bathroom.





HUGE improvement!! Good job sister!

Okay, I'm off to clean my house... FUN, FUN! NOT!!!

Have a great day!
*ciao*
deb
8 Responses
  1. Michelle Says:

    I love the camera bag idea. Wonderful job! And a matching strap is a must. :)


  2. Shannon Says:

    Your camera bag and strap look awesome! I love that fabric.

    I also LOVE your sister's florrs! Gorgeous! That bathroom is beautiful!


  3. Robin Beck Says:

    I LOVE your camera bag. It turned out perfect! I have the Nikon D70s and LOOOOOOOOVE it!
    Robin~♥


  4. Anonymous Says:

    What a great bag you made and that bath...beautiful! Thank you for helping me out and keeping your eyes open. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks friend~


  5. Please come enter at Project Create a Home for the free giveaway!

    xoxo,
    Cathleen


  6. Your camera bag is awesome! Can you do a how to on the Project...You could be a Guest Writer! Let me know! You are so crafty!


  7. Robin Says:

    Hi Deb,
    Hey, Our new host for the month of April picked the next book for us to read... I posted about it on the Lit Sisters blog-You might want to go check it out!(just click on my name above to get there) We are having a giveaway this weekend too! :)
    Have a great day!
    Robin~♥


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Great pictures and thank you for sharing!