Deb
Lately, it's looked like this...




We got a whopper storm last night, which totally took me by surprise. My mom called to ask me how the weather was, because they had heard in San Antonio that we were getting some monster storms and were under tornado warnings... where do you think I get my weather obsession from? I was totally oblivious to what was going on outside. So I check the weather and turn on the weather radio, and then the sirens start to go off. They must off gone off and on for about 45 minutes. Poor Belle kept saying,"Mom, it's June! This isn't suppose to happen in June! Just in April and May." I wish that was true. There were a couple that touched down but luckily not terribly close to us. There is still rumbling as I type, so picture me sandwiched by two little ones with covers over them... not that it is cold, but blankets tend to make them feel safer when they're nervous. I never thought about that, but I guess it's true.

Speaking of nervous reactions... the girls had their first swim lesson yesterday. They did great and were so excited about it... afterward. Before we got there, Tori starts to tell me,"Mom, I have to fart." HUH? WHAT? Why did I need to know that? I'm a little shocked as I turn to ask what and why. She tells me again, very matter of fact, "I need to fart." So I ask why, and she proceeds to inform me that when she gets nervous she farts. Okay... so in my warped mind I start to imagine her embarrassment when she goes out on her first date. Can you imagine the sound effects that will be going on? Or when she is walking down the aisle? I know, not very nice, but seriously you have to wonder. Luckily for Belle and I, her nervousness ended quickly. Thank goodness I just put a new air freshener in my car.

Anyway, back to what I was going to say before I got sidetracked, so what does summer look like when it isn't threatening to storm with destructive winds? Well, something like this...







As I sit here typing, the girls are in their bathing suits counting down the minutes until swim lessons. I keep telling them that they have 4 1/2 hours to wait, but they insist on staying in the suits all day. They may decide to change when they have to undress every time they have to go to the bathroom. Or not. I really hope for them that these storms don't hang around all day. How much would that suck? Bathing suits and no pool weather available. Ahhh, could be a long day.

Okay, I'm off to finish folding clothes and cleaning out closets... fun, fun!!

*ciao*
deb
2 Responses
  1. AJ Says:

    Too funny and yet I feel your dd's pain. I had a very nervous stomach growing up...toots and all! Thankfully I outgrew it:)

    Our weather here has been terrible! Rainy, gloomy and cool! Does not feel like summer break!

    Hope the weather stays away and the girls get to have their lessons!

    Can't wait till New Moon:):):)


  2. Darlene Says:

    We had a storm too last night but our weather has been really gorgeous. Lexi has been out of school for three weeks now and that is only the second storm. Thankfully we weren't under any tornado warnings!

    That pool looks WONDERFUL. It is absolutely gorgeous. I can see why the girls can't wait to go and swim!