Deb
I'm frugal... there I've said it. I don't like to spend a lot of money on things, and I have to admit that getting things for a steal, OR being able to make something that looks great for next to no money is a tremendous high for me. Seriously, although I've never done drugs, I don't think I could get this kind of high from that. So I have been looking at pillows for my bed. Nothing too fancy, because lets face it, the fancier the more expensive the pillow. So I thought about just making them myself, but then I thought... nah! Well while strolling through Tarjet(otherwise known as Target)I found some cute, chocolate brown, basic pillow cases. I loved the design on the edge and figured they would work out quite well for a transformation.


Then I cut off the decorative end...


and moved it to the center of the pillow case.


Then I stitched into place, but feel free to use fabric glue. It's all good.


And VOILA, instant throw pillow for a fraction of the cost. And what did I use to stuff my pillows? Regular king size pillows that we recently decided not to use anymore... to flat. Frugal I'm telling you! If you try this send me a link, I'd love to see what you've done.

On another note, I recently acquired a FANTASTIC piece of art for my bedroom for $15. Are you ready..... ready..... ready...ready???? Okay....GO!




Yes you heard it right 15 smackers. My sister lives, or rather lived next to an interior decorator who was in the process of moving. She was having a fantastic garage sale and was getting rid of all kinds of treasures. So my sister calls and describes this to me, and to be totally honest I couldn't quite picture what she was saying, but I heard "really large frame" and I was in. I figured if it didn't work, I could always transform it into something that would. Well after I walked into her house, and picked my jaw up off the floor, I was super, super excited that it was going to work out PERFECTLY!! And why was it so cheap? Her hubby dropped it while unloading it from her car right after the purchase. She was never able to use it in the client's home. Score for me. There is a little crack in the glass that you really can't see, and the frame is a little separated, but hey, I can live with that. What do you think?

Okay, I'm off to go find some other things to transform in my house. I'm getting the bug again.

*ciao*
deb
6 Responses
  1. Chris Says:

    Why have I never thought of doing this? Great idea! It turned out beautifully!


  2. Carry Grace Says:

    Great job on the pillows!


  3. Darlene Says:

    That turned out so great!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Love the pillow!! Great idea. The trim in the middle looks great!


  5. You are a genius! I love how much just a simple change made that pillow look adorable. Now that I've actually started sewing, it makes me excited to be able to copy things like this...so thank you!
    Carrie


  6. lil mama Says:

    Very clever!!! Looks very cute!