Deb
It is amazing to me to think that six years ago you made your entrance into this world, and then as now, it was full of drama. The labor wasn't an easy one, and when you finally were here you gave your daddy and I quite a scare with the chord wrapped around your neck not once but twice. But you quickly recovered and were wide awake and taking it all in. They say that babies can't see clearly when they are born, but you could have seriously fooled us. Your eyes were wide open and you kept turning back and forth from me to daddy and were awake for the longest time. We should have known then that you would be a very observant little one. Just like your mommy, you notice and see everything. Your Abue is always saying that nothing gets by you, and that is absolutely true.

Being a first time mom, I was completely in awe of you and wanted to do nothing more than just sit for hours holding you, which you were completely fine with. I sometimes wish that I could go back to those days, when things seemed so much more simple. Everyone told me to enjoy every moment of every stage you went through because before I knew it you would be grown up and that moment would be gone. They were so right. The last six years have flown by. Before my very eyes you grew and somewhere along the line, you turned into a beautiful little girl. Full of love, spunk, independence, and curiosity. You always want to know why, or how, or when, and although we butt heads once in a while, it is mostly because we are so much alike. Even down to the "weather woman" obsession, which I'm sure is just one more thing your daddy is shaking his head about. But that is you, my mini me, my shadow. I can't remember what my life was like before you and I can't imagine what my life would be like without my little shadow with me everywhere. I depend so much on you my Belle, and I hope that you know how important you are to us and how much we love you. Happy Birthday my girl, and always remember that you are loved from top of your head to the tips of your toes, mucho, mucho.

Love,
Mama

A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart
2 Responses
  1. Rainie Says:

    This is so sweet. You have to print it out and have a copy for her that she can have to look at and appreciate someday.


  2. Liz Says:

    okay, that was a kleenex alert! just remember that she's so sweet because "mi amiga" is so sweet. i just got back from el paso hence the spanish in all those chico's tacos. hehe