Deb
I can finally write about all the craziness that has been going on around here. I have written and posted pictures of all projects we have been doing to the house. well there was a reason that we were "project happy". we were preparing for a house full of people. family and friends that had never been to our house. why? you might ask. well we were preparing for a SURPRISE Retirement Party for this woman...
my mom.

my sister and I decided back in February to have a party... a huge SURPRISE... for my mom's upcoming retirement. lots of planning, and lying, and preparing went into this. by last week i was so ready for it to be over with. it was so hard to talk to my mom for the past few months and watch EVERY WORD I said. i had to be careful not to divulge any information that might throw her off, and get those wheels turning. i wouldn't even let the girls talk to her in the end. i was just full of excuses. but in the end, the party was fabulous, and she was totally surprised. we pulled it off. take a look at her reaction.

we had family and friends fly in from all over, and my cousin was even able to come in from Virginia where he is stationed. she had a great time, and we were so glad to see so many people come to help us celebrate all of her hard work.




We all had such a great time, and it was awesome to see family and friends that we hadn't seen in years. good times, good times.

Of course, who can come to a big city and not take in some great shopping??? Not us, and not our family. we shopped... a lot. I had a blast. i don't get to do that that often, and boy did I have some professional shoppers to show me the ropes. only here can you find the kind of deals that they were able to find. oh, and i have to send a special thank you to my aunt Terry for bringing us Chico's Tacos. my mouth waters just thinking of them. they are totally an acquired taste, but those individuals from El Paso can totally relate. Thanks auntie for bringing that big old suitcase full of an old favorite.

we also got to take in a baseball game while everyone was here, which meant hot dogs and beer... and some good margaritas. boy that liquor sneaks up on you. anyway, a relaxing evening, lots of laughs (get cookin' marie.. ha, ha!!!) and great company.


okay, i am done for now. i have more to post, but i am still trying to recover, which means off to bed early for me.

Have a great night.
*ciao*
2 Responses
  1. Celeste Says:

    It was a FABULOUS party, FABULOUS fun, and last but not least, FABULOUS shopping! I had so much fun that I can't wait to come back to visit!


  2. em Says:

    Hey, Debbie! I had sooo much fun!!! Tori and Bella are so cute!!!!! Say hi to them for me!!!

    Take Care,
    Emily