Deb
Things transform with paint, with fabric, with time. Today I am sharing some transformations that I've created for my girls' room, for one of our bathrooms (we have 4 which is a lot of toilets to clean), and one that has taken five years to create.

So here is the before of a mirror that I found while out with my mom yard saleing the other day. There were two identical mirrors for $2... total. When I saw them I envisioned them looking totally cute in my girls' room.



So with the help of my hubby and his trusty jigsaw, some spray paint (have I said that I love spray paint), and a few other things...I now have this...




What do you think. I love it. A fun, whimsical bulletin board for their room.

Now here is something I found at HobLob. After reading about all the deals everyone online was finding, I headed out to find some myself.



Well, I didn't get quite the same kind of deals, but I did get some fun stuff. I loved the look of this basket, but it wasn't the right color. Well, again I turn to my trusty spray paint, and voila...



I have the perfect magazine rack for my powder bath.

I also found this fun topiary at a garage sale for $3. It is originally from The Home Expo. I haven't done a thing to it except clean it up. It now sits in my kitchen right by my computer. Love how it looks.



And finally, the transformation that has taken 5 years... my little Tori is 5 years old today. What a transformation. Ah, my little one. She is full of life... always. She is loving... will come up to me and tell me out of nowhere, "Mama, I love you." or "Mama, you're beautiful." She is dramatic... seriously, this one could and will probably win an Academy Award someday. I am actually considering putting her into acting classes. She is kind... she will remind me when we are in the car and I am getting frustrated with another driver, "Mama, don't say something mean because it will hurt their feelings and we don't want that." She is independent - but she isn't... she can play all day and talk to her dolls, and play pretend on her own, but she has to know where I am every second of the day. I can't tell you the last time I was able to go to the restroom by myself without having her frantically looking for me.



Her first birthday...


And now...

So here is our little Tori. Growing up way to fast for me. I told her that I didn't want her to grow up, and that I wanted her to stay little. So the other day she tells me, "Mama, I can't eat anymore because then I'll grow and you want me to stay little." Oh my little one, you'll always be little to me. Happy Birthday little one.

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
9 Responses
  1. Shannon Says:

    Love love love it all! I love the mirrors, the plates on the walls, your wicker finds, all your sign language! :) So cute!


  2. Tami Says:

    Love how you transformed the mirror! Beautiful! Wonderful Blog!


  3. Celeste Says:

    oh my rori!! she's so awesome and she always has that smile on her face!! i am SO in love with her!! happy birthday to her!! very cool mirror, btw...


  4. Darlene Says:

    Cute mirror and magazine rack...they turned out great!! Your daughter is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...isn't it crazy how fast they grow up?!?!?


  5. Marie Says:

    That mirror looks FANTASTIC against that pink wall. I love it! Happy birthday to your absolutely adorable daughter!!! They grow so fast. :o)


  6. Wow! GREAT finds! That mirror is out of this world!!! I cant let Lagan see it or she will be begging me for one! hehe

    And your daughter is just soooo cute! Happy Birthday Tori! :)


  7. AJ Says:

    Just found your blog. Love what you have done and your girls are are just too cute:)


  8. Love your blog! And your little one is just beautiful!!


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Love the mirror!!! So great to see you and the girls today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORI!!!!