Deb
So first, thank you for all of your birthday wishes for my little one. She had a great day. We started if off by going to go see Kit Kittridge, the American Girl movie. The girls loved it. I loved it. My friend Pippin and her girls loved it. It was a great movie. The best part about it, is that it gives you the opportunity to talk to your children about a subject that many aren't very familiar with, the depression. It is a subject that is easier to explain when they have some form of reference, and the movie does just that. It was wonderful.

Then we went to play with Pippin's girls for a while and ate some lunch. Well that is when I got this...





About a year ago, I made a trade with Pippin. I did some sewing for her girl's rooms, and she GAVE me the chair. Isn't it fabulous? It now sits proudly in my bedroom. I needed a big, comfy chair in there to read on and for Alex to sit and put his shoes on. So excited.

Since I'm showing you the bed area, here is a little look at our bedroom and Alex's office (which is the entry to our bedroom).







I hate the way the wires look coming from behind the desk, but we need to get longer wires. So for now, there it is.

As for projects this week... well they are currenly on hold. It looks like we will be going EP sometime this week, as Alex's grandma isn't doing well, and they don't expect her to make it through the weekend. So I am in prep mode. Laundry, tentative packing, Alex is getting new tires for the truck as we speak. The girls are asking lots of questions about "Tita". Death is a hard subject to talk about with little ones. They want to know why she has to go. Why can't her body just get better. I notice that Bella is more concerned about it since she is closer to Tita than Tori is. Bella would go in, during our visits, and just talk and talk and talk to Tita. The funny part is that Tita didn't understand a lot of what Bella was saying since she only speaks Spanish. But that has never stopped Bella. So anyway, please say a little prayer for Tita that she will go in peace.

Okay, I am off to make some breakfast for my girls, and fold some laundry. I am nursing a headache, that isn't quite as bad as it was yesterday, but is still just an annoyance. I feel like I have a hangover. Yucky feeling.

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
6 Responses
  1. I love your bedroom and that chair is divine! I am so sorry about Alex's Grandmother. I hope she is in peace if she passes. I will be praying for her and your entire family durring this difficult time.


  2. Joy Says:

    Your bedroom is HUGE! You are so lucky to have such a nice retreat. The new chair looks great in there---so comfy.
    I'm so sad your family is going through such a hard experience. It will be hard for your babies, but they are so very lucky to know their great grandma. My children never got that experience.
    I hope you have a safe trip.


  3. Chris Says:

    Okay. First of all, your bedroom is bigger than most people's homes! Secondly, I LOVE that chair! What a great trade off!


  4. Shannon Says:

    Wow! Your bedroom is huge! I love it!


  5. Unknown Says:

    Hi Deb,
    I've been looking around at your blog for the last few minutes. I love all the thrifty stuff you have transformed. I really like your idea with the frames. I have two big pottery barn frames that I need to do something with. I may post them and ask for help one day soon. I think I'll add you to my list..just wanted to introduce myself first.

    Your daughter is adorable...they do grow fast! I have two grandsons that are growing up so quickly!
    Have a grea day,
    diane


  6. Scrapper Mom Says:

    Wow, I just found your blog and quite impressive it is. I love that hugemongous bedroom !!!

    That is HUGE mongus. (not a real word, I know)

    We went to see Kit too. Loved it.
    I blogged about it just recently. I will definitely be back to see you again!