Deb
so after i painted our kitchen cabinets, the banisters in our house just bothered me. when we first bought our house, I went with everything neutral. well hindsight is 20/20 and if i knew then what i know now i would have done so many things different. so i got a call from my mom yesterday and she said, "i love you entry way, but, i think you need to paint your banisters like you did the kitchen." i'm 2 steps ahead of you mom. so i woke up this morning and got started. so far i have only finished those on the bottom level on both ends of the house, but here is a sneak peak. what do you think?

here is the before...



and here is the after...



I love the new look. Much more elegant. the picture really doesn't do it justice. Here is also a look at the back steps.



okay, i gotta go take a shower before my husband gets home. have a great evening.

*ciao*
deb
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Love the new look. It definitely makes it more elegant. I think what you did in the kitchen is just awesome. I wish I had the courage. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Oh and the rooster weathervane was $27.99. I'm sure it will go even cheaper I just couldn't risk not having one.

    Blanca


  2. Marie Says:

    Hey there! I "saw" you over at Blana's blog so I popped over to check you out. I love your blog! Your staircase looks GREAT! I have been dying to do something with mine to jazz up the boring builder white we currently have. Did you paint your banister black? Or did you stain them?