Deb
So we are out of town spending time with family and getting ready for Alex's grandma's funeral. We got word on Monday of her passing, and so we all headed to EP for the services. It's been nice seeing family, but it's hard seeing my mother in love going through this. We are trying to make things as easy on her as possible and trying to help out as much as we can. The hardest part about the trip has been answering the questions that the girls have about death. Tori kept asking yesterday,"What happens to her body?" We explained to her that her body is sleeping and that her spirit is in heaven now. Not good enough. So she asked, and asked, until Bella finally told her,"It flies up to heaven magically." Well, apparently that was good enough for her, and the questions ended. But aside from that, they keep asking where she is now, and Bella seems to be a little concerned about someone dying because they are sick. She was really concerned with me having a migraine the other day, and kept asking me,"Mom are you going to be okay? Are you sure mom? I'm scared." My poor little one.

On a happy note... I got an email the other day from Mary from At Home Redesigns asking if she could profile one of my ideas from my girls' bedroom. Wow, what an honor. She has some really great ideas, and she profiles some fun blogs with neat ideas, so check her out.





I've had a hard time getting an internet connection here, so when I do get on, I am all over the blogs I am missing. So far I have some ideas for projects to do when I get home. I have actually been eying some Goodwill stores here. I think I may go check things out there, and see if I find anything fun. I'll update later.

Okay, I'm off to say hi to some family. Have a great evening.
*ciao*
deb
3 Responses
  1. Scrapper Mom Says:

    Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately death is something we all have to deal with eventually. I know it is hard for the babies. We lost my husbands grandmother 2 years ago and my dd was only 8. She understands and knows that since she is saved she will one day see her again in Heaven.


  2. Tausha Says:

    funerals are so not fun. So sorry for your loss. Even when we think that we are prepared for death, we never really are. We had to have the same discussion with my girls when my husbands grandma died and I still don't think that they really got it. I also think though, that children are far more intuitive than we give them credit for. I told my girls, now they have another very special angel to watch over them and help them. That seemed to help them and also give us adults a little comfort as well.
    I love love your girls room. You are so talented! I love the pink and green and I wisht that I could paint cute, fun pics like you. I espscially love the shoe! Too cute!
    Did you make up the curtains or are they a pattern? Either way, darling.
    Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
    Did you finish the book? Did you like it? I have my own opinion, but I wont share, just in case you are not done yet.


  3. Joy Says:

    Death is so hard for children to understand. I hope all went well with the funeral and that you have a safe trip home.
    I'm anxious to see if you found any Good Will treasures, as well as to see the projects you'll be doing.