Deb
First of all, thank you to all of you who emailed and left me your beautiful comments on our recent loss. It means a lot to have such sweet people out there reading my little rants. We got back safely last night, and hit the ground running today. I had a PTA meeting, grocery shopping and laundry to do, so I am just now getting around to posting.

So although I was away, I was presented with a project opportunity, and from what I hear my eyes were huge with excitement about it. So, Saturday morning, we wake up prepared to start boxing up Alex's grandma's things and help out my mother in love in any way we could. Who could have imagined the work that would be done that day. So my sister in love tells me that they have a project that only I can do. Of course I have no idea what they are talking about. So the mission, if I should choose to accept it... very mission impossible huh?... is to paint his grandmother's furniture. Alex's grandmother lived with his mom, and so having it there in it's current state was going to make it that much harder for her. So I jumped at the chance. The only problem was that I had one day to do it, since we were leaving early Sunday morning. So we opted for... you guessed it... SPRAY PAINT!!! It worked great. I went off to Lowes, with my sister in love, to get all the tools we needed. We were totally surprised to see all the furniture laying out on a tarp and my nephew sanding and Bella wiping them down, all ready to be painted. I had to take some befores of everything layed out. (Click on each pick so you can see all the details.)






And here are the afters...






They looked amazing when all was said and done. We decided to go with a green color since that is my mother in love's favorite color. Then we added a little gold rubbing wax to the edges to make everything pop. We finished this project in about 4 hours, but we couldn't have done it without everyone's help. You should have seen that house... it was like there were little worker bees everywhere, buzzing around. Hopefully those are the memories my mother in love will have when she sees all the changes that have been made. Thank you Bibi and Javo, and all the little ones for all your help with this. I couldn't have done it without you.

Okay, I am off to bed. Still trying to recover.

Have a great night.
*ciao*
deb
11 Responses
  1. Blogger Says:

    Wow, it's really gorgeous!

    4 hours??? Yep, you must have had so much help, it would have taken me 4 weeks, lol ;)

    Bella


  2. Marie Says:

    The furniture looks beautiful!! I wouldn't have even known where to begin and it only took you four hours?? Very impressive!


  3. Carry Grace Says:

    The furniture looks amazing...and in only 4 hours! WOW!


  4. Chris Says:

    This is amazing!! Even without the paint, the furniture is gorgeous. I love the details! She must just love it! Nice job!


  5. Tausha Says:

    looks fantastic! I love how soothing the green turned out. 4 hours for both peices, you are one fast spray painter!!


  6. AJ Says:

    Don't you just love a good can of spray paint?!!


  7. Oh, I love your finished projects!! :) I have some furniture in need of some major help...I love this color you chose! I just might have to give something like that a try and stray from my normal Black! :)


  8. Joy Says:

    4 hours?!?! You need to hire that crew. Imagine all the painting you could get done. You could even open up your own little paint shop. ;~)
    It looks great!


  9. cherry Says:

    Wow....4 hours..impressive! It looks great. I am sooo sorry to hear of your families loss. Thanks for stopping by my blog. cherry


  10. Rachel Berry Says:

    Holy cow do you want to come paint at my house! Love how it turned out. Oh and while I was lurking on your blog I have to say your girls room is to die for! You did such a great job. Love the colors it so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to meet new people.

    :)Rachel

    Your blog is freaking cute too.


  11. Deb-
    Wow, I love your girls' room, it is beautiful! And also wow for the dresser...amazing transformation! It has been fun to look around your blog. Lots of good ideas! Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog as well! :)
    -Carrie