Deb
I have to say that I come from a line of crafty women. Not all the women in our family got the craftiness, as my cousins can attest, but I got lucky. My grandma was quite the crafty woman, and during her time on this earth she had quite a collection of supplies. My mom and aunts were dreading having to clean out my grandma's stash when she passed away, she had that much stuff. My aunt wanted to send it to me, but I have my own "stuff" to deal with.

Growing up my mom did all kinds of things. We were very much the "do it yourself" house of women. We grew very independent and found ways of doing things inexpensively. That has stuck with me, and I have followed that rule while decorating our home. Now it seems that my mom is taking pointers from me. Every time we talk, she asks me what new project I'm doing. When I first told her that I was going to paint my kitchen cabinets, she really thought that it was a bad idea. That is until she saw them. So what did she think of them? Well I guess she liked them because she went home and did this to her bathroom.

So here is the before...



and here is the after...





I think she did an amazing job, and did you notice she even made some of the squares for her wall over the toilet area. By the way, that shower curtain... yup, it's a sheet. Oh and she made the frame for the mirror, then painted it using a pewter kit from Michaels. Great job mom. Looks awesome.

Okay, I'm off to paint some more grout. It is looking amazing. Alex is way impressed, and it seriously looks like brand new tile in there. Woohoo!!!

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
20 Responses
  1. Desiree Says:

    Wow! Your mom did a great job on her bathroom makeover. I especially like the frame for the mirror. Did she adhere the wood directly to the frame? I might have to try that on my own. Thanks for sharing!
    Desiree


  2. Carry Grace Says:

    Your mom did a great job! I did notice the 3 squares, I also noticed that planter from Southern Living at Home that has hand towels in it. I have one of those and haven't really done anything with it. I might have to steal this idea from her.


  3. Celeste Says:

    you're right... some of us did not get the crafting gene!! BUT it's a darn good thing i have a crafty aunt and cousin who can tell just what to do, what to buy and step by step instructions on how to do it!! ;)


  4. Unknown Says:

    I cant wait to see the grout b/c I am going to do the samething in my bathroom it has been driving me crazy no matter what I do it will not come clean.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    That really looks amazing. I have been wanting to paint my kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity for years and my hubby doesn't think its a good idea... Can you give any tips or pointers?


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Very impressive. She did a fabulous job. What size of sheets did she use?

    Blanca


  7. Unknown Says:

    Hi Deb,
    That's a great bathroom makeover1 And so sweet of you to post it on your blog!

    Good luck with your grout project. That is on my list of things to do!
    Diane


  8. Meg Says:

    Your an awesome decorator!!! I love how you did this bathroom! Great profile song by the way.


  9. Chris Says:

    That looks amazing! High-fives to mom! It's like a new room!


  10. cherry Says:

    That looks wonderful...straight out of a Ballard catalog. Give her a pat on the back! cherry


  11. Lamp Tramp Says:

    Wow, your Mom did a super amazing makeover on the bath cabinets. How fun!
    Your blog is great, looking forward to reading more from you! Thanks for your comment!
    xoxo, Lamp Tramp


  12. I love the bathroom cabinet makeover! Way to go Mom!
    -Carrie


  13. Blogger Says:

    Oh my...this can't be good...now I want to paint my bathroom cabinets black! lol What a job that would be because I just painted them cream a few years ago...all of that sanding I will have to do!

    What kind of black did she use? It's so pretty! I can't believe that is a sheet! She did very good!!! :)

    Bella


  14. Tausha Says:

    Like mother like daughter. I am impressed with all of her talents! She should take herself out for a day of shopping and dinner. You should go too-it's no fun to go shopping and eating by yourself!
    WHo knows-maybe you will find more cheap treasures on your outing! Just make sure that you blog about them, so we can all copy!


  15. Wow, she did a great job! Love that sheet for the shower curtain. :-)


  16. Marie Says:

    I'm very impressed with your mom's bathroom!! I really like the color in there... I hope to get around to painting my own bathroom cabinets soon. Or... having my husband do it , I should say. :o)


  17. Your bathroom doesn't even look like the same one. It is really a beauty and so super classy. Great re-do. Aren't daughters the Best?
    Beth


  18. Hi Deb,

    I tagged you if you would like to play along.

    Brandee :-)


  19. Darlene Says:

    WOW...your mom's bathroom looks AMAZING!! Just beautiful!!

    I also like all of your crafts in the last post....great job on them...esp. love the pedastal and the BOO letters!!


  20. Anonymous Says:

    This is an amazing transformation!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!