Deb
Well the day has finally arrived. I am an empty nester... as far as having little ones who don't go to school are concerned. My baby started Kindergarten today, and I have to say I did get a little emotional today. I am so used to having my shadow with me everywhere I go, that I found myself stopping and looking behind me to find her. It was weird. Of course she was nervous this morning and kept saying, "Mom, my stomach is feeling funny." In the end, both my girls did great. After school they were both little chatter boxes about what they did, and who they saw, and during dinner, Tori tells me, "Mom, I really love school." THANK GOODNESS!!! I ran into her teacher while making copies for her at school and I asked if Tori had cried, and she said no, but that she was quite the chatty Kathy. Well, unfortunately that runs in the family. Look at me, I couldn't shut up if my life depended on it.











So I started my project for the "Spray Paint Party", but have been so busy that I haven't finished it. But tomorrow is the day. I will do it tomorrow, I will, I will, I will. I have a list of projects that I want to do, and now I have no excuse. I also have a little bit of a tease to show you. I am painting the grout in the kitchen as I have said, and Alex is loving it. Well, he would ABSOLUTELY love it if it was the exact same color as the original grout, but since we can't find that, this will have to do. And from what we are seeing, it is a MAJOR improvement over what was there. So here are some before and during pics.







So this is what I walk into everyday. The area where the girls sit and eat most of their meals when it is just them eating. Like most kids their age, they make a mess. I swear I think they drop food more than they eat it. Popsicle stains, water or juice stains, paint stains, you name it and it has fallen on the grout. Well, okay almost everything...YUCK. My point is, it is hard to keep the grout looking nice when you have messy eaters. So I have had it with this area, and now I have a solution. It is really simple. I am using the same paint that Judy used and even the same color...Linen. It is a slow process, but it is actually kind of addicting. You find yourself wanting to finish more, and more, and more. So now you've seen the before of this area... GROSS! Tomorrow I'll post the after of this area. Oh, and hopefully my completed Spray project.

Okay, I'm off to get some sleep. Have a great evening.
Deb
8 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hi Deb,
    Your girls are so adorable. It is so funny how different boys and girls are....my little grandson won't talk much about Kindergarten.

    They started over 2 weeks ago!

    Your grout is looking great...I'm going to work on mine, but it may be a while before I have time to get started.
    Have a great day,
    Diane


  2. Marie Says:

    Your girls are so cute!! I'm glad they had a great first day. I still get very nervous for my kids and they are 7th and 4th graders. :o)

    Your painted grout lines look amazing. What a long process....but it looks so worth it! Can't wait to see your spray paint project!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Aww your children are so precious. Glad there 1st day went well for you and them.

    Good luck with the grout - I am sure it will look very fresh and clean when you are done and will be so worth the effort.


  4. Celeste Says:

    ok, so in my mind it was a total different color that you were going to use. not sure why i thought that, other than the fact that i know you and well... i know how you like to change it up sometimes!! LOL! did you ever try to have someone come out and clean your floors like they do the carpets... like a professional company?? i've heard they do wonders.... just a thought, but now that you're painting, i guess it's kinda too late, huh?!?


  5. Well, I have to say congratulations and condolences on your baby starting kindergarten. I have not reached that milestone yet, but I imagine I will feel the same way you do. God bless as you make the adjustment mama!
    -Carrie


  6. Carry Grace Says:

    I don't even want to think about my little boy starting school. I'm glad your girls had a good first day. The grout it looking great.


  7. Chris Says:

    Your girls are soooo cute! What? Painting grout? Will this work? I have so many questions. Let us know how it goes!


  8. Judy Says:

    Deb, the floors are looking great! I know what you mean by the grout painting being addicting...it's hard work but I really didn't mind once I got started, just had HGTV on the TV in the kitchen while I painted and I went to town!

    XOXO
    Judy