Deb
i stand up proudly and say, I am a member of this club. After sitting and reading some of the other blogs involved in the Nester's mistreatment party, I realized I have lots of mistreatment in my house. Actually a lot more than I thought I did.




So here are a few of my greatest mistreatments for your viewing pleasure.

Okay so first of all, I have to say that probably my favorite mistreatment material is SHEETS! HUH? I know. But they are huge, come in some great colors now, and can be used for lots of stuff.

Fist up here is the shower curtain that I made out of... a sheet and a yard of not so cheap fabric for our hall bathroom. The benefit here is that I got the sheet at Target for $10 and bought the fabric on sale for like $5. So for $15 dollars I got a shower curtain that is the right length, the right color, and only took me about an hour to make.



Next we have the curtains in the girls' playroom. Two king size sheets that I cut a hole in the top pocket of and hung on a pole. Thats it. Add some colorful tie backs and you're done.



Another king size sheet with some left over black and white fabric as a top valance and a glue gun to add some fun pop pop fringe and I've got another cute shower curtain to go in the bathroom of my studio.



Next we have the window treatment in the girls' bedroom. I made the valance, then...



stapled it to a piece of wood and some "L" brackets. I didn't even cover the wood from the backside. I probably should do that though.




The white panels are left over fabric my sister gave me, but it was too short. Not to worry, I just added some leftover fabric from their bedding to the bottom. Don't get to close though, it's quite a hideous job.



And finally in the spirit of reusing, I made this valance for that odd window that is in a spot where, really what can you do with it anyway. The fabric for this came from a bed skirt that my aunt gave me a while back. The colors were nice but didn't go with my bedroom. Well, I most certainly couldn't let it go to waste. So, tada...



Do you have mistreatments? You might be surprised. I was.

I'm working on an art project for the main office here. I'm just about through so hopefully I'll post those pics tomorrow.

Also, is fall here yet. It is getting nice and cool here and I am totally in the mood for some Halloween decor ideas. Got any? If you do, send them to me. I'm putting together some ideas to post.

Okay, gotta go feed the kiddos.

Have a great day.
*ciao*
deb
26 Responses

  1. Desiree Says:

    I am sort of new to the blog scene and I keep reading about mistreatments and have been wondering..."do mistreatments mean that you did something wrong? or just that you are re-using something for another purpose? Please clarify!


  2. Celeste Says:

    where is that window that you used the bed skirt piece as a valance?? i can't picture it in my mind's little eye.... and yes, i do think fall is here. it's not even 70 degrees here yet and i hope fall gets here soon too!! i am READY!! i have a link that i am going to send you for halloween ideas too.


  3. Deb Says:

    Hey cousin... the window is above the front door, but you can only see it if you are upstairs between our bedroom and the girls' bedroom.

    Send me the link.


  4. Blogger Says:

    I love your creativity! Your shower curtains are so pretty!

    I don't have any mistreatments to show you, but I do have some fall decorating going on :) Will have another one tomorrow, too :)

    Take care,
    Bella


  5. You have such talent! love your "mistreatments" and love your little daughter's pink/green room!
    Love that mirror turned into a bulletin board! How clever!


  6. Blogger Says:

    Hi Deb,

    Sure you may use my project, I would be honored:)

    Thanks :)

    Bella
    PS: It's hot here today too, most of the week will be hot, but I know fall is just around the corner, which I don't mind...but then winter (SNOW) ugh, that, I do mind!


  7. Angela Says:

    Such a great job, love them!


  8. Hey, thanks for the nice comment you left about my night stand. I love your mistreatments. My fave's are the girls room and the shower curtains. I am dying to mistreat a few shower curtains...waiting for more time. Thanks for the inspiration. :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Your 'mistreatments' are WONDERFUL!! You are one talented lady, glad I found you.

    Have a good day,

    Krista


  10. The Nester Says:

    you were a mistreater and didn't even know it!! Great ideas!


  11. TupeloLove Says:

    Wow, I love all the mistreatments! You're a pro now!


  12. Lamp Tramp Says:

    Wow....they are all so pretty! Ane to think you didn't realize you belonged to the Club!


  13. Deb,

    I popped in here to look at your mistreatments and got all distracted by the rest of your blog! Lots of pretty things to look at here! My daughter's room is pink and green too, so it was nice to see your take on it.

    ~ Sarah


  14. Shannon Says:

    Love all of them!!!!!


  15. Anonymous Says:

    You have been one busy little Momma! I bought my birds you asked about at the Dollar Tree.... have a great one!


  16. Anonymous Says:

    Great ideas! Thanks for stopping by! :)


  17. Melissa Says:

    Ooooh~my favorite is the bathroom! Very nice! And using sheets? Great idea!! I'll have to keep my eyes out now~thanks!


  18. Great idea to use sheets...I hadn't thought of that! But they are a great size for big spaces so why not? I am impressed!
    -Carrie


  19. Oliver's Says:

    I would love for you to profile me, and thank you for stopping by...I love your blog. Nice to meet you, Paula


  20. Anonymous Says:

    Sure! I love to share a good idea. You go girl! smiles.... Just let me know when you do so I can check it out~


  21. Meghan Says:

    Aren't you a crafty one!
    Love everything!
    Everything I say!!!


  22. AJ Says:

    Love the mistreatments:)


  23. Lemon Annie Says:

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I would be honored to be featured on your blog. Your mistreatments look wonderful!

    Lemon Annie


  24. Stephanie Says:

    How beautiful! I just got so many great ideas from your blog - you do a great job! I'll be back for sure! Thank you for your funny comment!


  25. Marie Says:

    I LOVE that you used sheets as often (or more!) than I did!! I grew up with my mom using sheets as fabric- for closet doors, curtains, etc. I thought everyone did it! lol Love all you did!!