Deb
So I'm working on a new look for my blog. More me. In fact, the background to this one, is actually the the print on the fabric that I made curtains out of for our downstairs powder bath. I have a lot of black and white in our house. My studio is black and white with green, so this suits me just right. I still have to work on the banner, so bear with me. That should be fixed int the next couple of days.

I've been running around so much lately, helping out a lot at the girls' school, putting together the school newsletter, running around with family and friends, that I hadn't had a lot of time to work on the rest of my fall ideas. I did see some great stuff the other day on The Square. Super easy, and super expensive there. I thought to myself,"I can totally make that." So I am working on that. Plus I saw some other fun ideas while in blog land. It is amazing how talented all these women in blogland are, and I have just gotten more ideas. I am putting some "Holiday Decorating Baskets" together for a couple of my friends and family. I thought that would be a fun little "Boo" present.

While out shopping with my friend Maret, we stopped by Big Lots to get her a spider web and a few other goodies. Well, look what we found...





This cute little metal pumpkin was $12. I love it. I just added some fall ribbon, also from Big Lots and tada... fall door. Oh, and that witchy crow down there... yeah, $4 from HobLob at the end of last season. Love her.




We also found these fun spider votive candles for $2. Super cute!!!




Then, while checking in on my blog friends, I found that Joy had posted about this little craft. Who would have thought of using those cheap little frames from the Dollar Tree for this craft? Well she did, so again, I copied it. Love them. Some of my friends will be getting these.



So since I now have a new door treatment, I wasn't sure what to do with my twig wreath. I really wanted to be able to use it, but not quite sure where. Well, I decided to use it as part of a center piece for the kitchen table. Not sure if I am loving the hurricane or not. Maybe I need a big pumpkin there. What do you think?



Here is one of my dollar crows from Dollar Tree. I had my mom send them to me from San Antonio. They never had them here, and believe me I looked... a lot. Oh, and do you see my Bombay Co. candle stick? $1 at GW.

I also got the chance to go thrifting with my sister last week. It had been a while since we had done this and we were really hoping to find some good stuff. Well, we got a couple of things but nothing major. I did find a gold sconce for $1.99. I didn't take a before picture, but here it is transformed with my bargain frame (I think I paid $3) from Garden Ridge. Add a faux pear and we're all set. I know, I know, a picture would help, but I haven't made it to Costco yet.



And finally... wow there has been a lot of pics haven't there? Anyway, I got this yucky arrangement... seriously who thought this was gorgeous??? at a yard sale on my way back from thrifting. I paid $3, but I thought the urn, which is really all I wanted, was worth that. Stay tuned to see what I do with that.



Okay, I made a yummy brisket for dinner, and I think it is ready so I have to go. Have a great night.
*ciao*
deb
29 Responses
  1. Sarah Kate Says:

    I love what you have done for fall. I think the pumpkin would look better. The hurricane looks a little lost there. It is nice to find a fellow good will shopper. I was there today in fact!


  2. Carry Grace Says:

    First of all, I love the black and white damask for your blog. I think it fits you very well.

    Second, I love that pumpkin on your door! All of the other stuff looks great too.

    Can't wait to see what you do with the urn.


  3. Shannon Says:

    I love all your finds! So fun! I like the hurricane with the wreath! :)


  4. Cute, cute, cute. I love that crow too. I need something like that for my front entryway. I haven't decorated it for fall yet. All your fall decor looks great. Makes me want to get busy with it again.


  5. AJ Says:

    I like the hurrican too. How about having an orangish color candle in there? Maybe that will make it pop. Love the twiggy wreath too. Would have never thought to use it the way you did:) I'm so jealous of your urn. I've been on the hunt for them and can't find one anywhere!!



  6. Elise Says:

    Hey,
    I came here from Butternut and I love all your fall decor!!
    Elise


  7. Deb,
    All your fall decor looks great! The hurricane I'm not so crazy about either. Maybe if it were a little fancier hurricane with an orange candle (as someone else suggested also) and a gingham ribbon tied around the outside?

    In the picture frame I was thinking of a picture of your girls in their costumes from last year. They would get a kick out of that! Or maybe a picture of the pumpkins they carved.

    I refuse to decorate for fall yet. After all, its still Summer for 6 more days ; )

    Sharon


  8. Marie Says:

    I love the current look of your blog! It's what I'd have done if I knew how. lol I love all your new fall decor. The pumpkin on the door is cute! Reading blogs makes me wish I lived in a bigger town...with real stores!


  9. Just saw you over on a New England Life. Glad I came over to visit. You have some great ideas and I really need to start decorating for Halloween.

    Thanks for sharing!


  10. Desiree Says:

    Love the new blog look! It's great! I would put something in the bottom of the hurricane (pine cones, rocks, etc.) which will make the candle stick out and give it depth. You could even put a candlestick in there which always remind me of haunted houses for some reason :-) Hope that helps.


  11. Tami Says:

    It's all cute, my fav is the pumpkin on your front door, or is it the hurricane and wreath! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the urn.

    Come check out my autumn banner givaway!


  12. Joy Says:

    I'm lovin' all of your fall decor! I see you bought some of those little candle spiders too. And your eek sign turned out great!


  13. Woodard Gang Says:

    Love your fall decor! It's been fun looking at blogs today and seeing variations of the "Boo" craft...very cute!


  14. Scrapper Mom Says:

    I've been so far behind, but I just wanted to tell you everything looks great!! I love the bargains. I need to head on into Big Lots.


  15. Unknown Says:

    I love your new background it is great! Also all of your Halloween stuff is wonderful we never got the black birds here either!


  16. LOVE your fall decorations!!! and I like the damask back ground too!!! Thanks for stopping by for a visit to my blog :)


  17. Tanya Says:

    Your fall decorations look so great! I'm really getting in the mood seeing this stuff :)

    Like the new look too!


  18. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    All your decorations look amazing!!!

    And the cheese steaks were good but I thought they both tasted the same!


  19. Darlene Says:

    You have been busy....cute, cute finds. I love that metal door pumpkin and the crow witch!! I haven't decorated outside yet...I guess it is about time! Yep, I am gonna have to copy eek too....she constantly comes up with the cutest ideas!!

    Love your new blog look...I think we are all re-doing our blog looks right now....I haven't done my banner yet...have to get that part figured out.


  20. Blogger Says:

    Can't believe I have not been to Big Lots since Fall decor has been out...I was there all summer, loving the bargains! Need to get back there soon :)

    Everything looks wonderful!!

    Love the new background, too!

    Bella


  21. Wow! I just love your decorating skills. Black and white Halloween decorating is my favorite. I can't wait for the weather to change.


  22. Oliver's Says:

    I love your new look. A friend of mine is making curtains out of the same fabric with a 12" crushed velvet cuff at the top in turquoise. She is an out of the box designer so I know it will look great! You have been busy, your fall/Halloween decor looks great! Thanks for sharing. Paula


  23. You have some really cute stuff here! I especially love the pumpkin on your front door, and great idea to add the bow. I love it!
    Carrie


  24. Ashley Says:

    YOu have some really great decor. I really like how you have put it together. You got fab talent. Thanks for sharing.


  25. Whitney Says:

    Fun decor! Great job, lady!


  26. Meghan Says:

    Oh!
    Oh!
    I will be heading to Big Lots this weekend for that pumpkin.
    It has my name written all over it.
    I just wish the Big Lots by me wasn't so disgustingly dirty.
    Sigh.
    I am so there tho!


  27. Emily Says:

    Super Cute Decor! Where did you get the spiders that hold candles?


  28. Deb Says:

    Hey Emily, thank for coming by and saying hi. The spiders are votive holders that I found at Big Lots for $2 each. Quite a steal. Super cute and way affordable. Come back soon.