Deb
I have been so out of the loop the past few days, but it looks like this big green cloud that has been hanging over our house is just about gone. Bella is just finally getting over the asthma that she had for two weeks... TWO WEEKS people!!! My poor baby was practically coughing up a lung. And then as if that wasn't enough, Friday morning she wakes up at 3:45 in the morning screaming. Completely freaked us out. Apparently during the night she had a coughing attack and pulled a muscle in her neck and shoulder. We couldn't get the pain to stop. She literally cried for like 3 hours straight. The worst part about it was that I had to work that day. (Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I started subbing this week.) Talk about bad timing. So I worked on Tuesday, stayed home with her on Wednesday, then worked on Thursday and Friday. Luckily Alex was able to stay home with her on Friday. So to make a long story short, after 2 visits to the chiropractor, lots of stinky baths with apple cider vinegar, ice compresses, and 2 long walks to loosen her up, it looks like she is finally doing better.

Of course, I couldn't let her be the only sick one... oh no!@! I had to go and get laryngitis on Thursday afternoon. So picture me trying to control 20 kindergarten children with no voice. Thank goodness for the microphones in the classroom. Good times people, good times.

So although I have been rendered nurse maid for the past two weeks, I did manage to get in a garage sale this weekend. After taking Belle to the chiropractor, we stopped by a BIG subdivision garage sale near by. Luckily she was feeling well enough because I found this...





I got this for $20. I was so excited. Alex's reaction was of course, "What did you buy?" and "That thing is ugly." Well I kept telling him that by the time I was done with it, it was going to look awesome. After a while he felt guilty and said that he would help me with it by sanding it for me and prepping it, but it was going to take longer because it would be done correctly. That's fine! But I know he is doing it cause he really doesn't want me to use his tools. That's okay, cause I didn't want to use them anyway, and now I get help with my project.

This will be in the girl's room, and painted white. I will be getting rid of that other chest of drawers in there. Maybe my sister will want it. We'll see. Can't wait to show you how it all turns out.

Okay, I'm off to bed. It has been a long week, and it all starts again tomorrow. Have a great night.

*ciao*
deb
15 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Glad to hear your family is feeling better.

    That chest is a steal. I can't wait to see the finished product.


  2. Darlene Says:

    Oh gosh, y'all have really been having a rough go of it. Poor Belle pulling that muscle. I have had a lot of neck and shoulder pain in the past (knock on wood that it has been fine for a while now) and it is just excruciating!!! I certainly feel for her.

    That is a FABULOUS find for $20.00 WOW...I know it will be gorgeous! And what a sneaky little thing you are guilting him into helping you....hehehe...love it!!!


  3. Claudia Says:

    Wow, you just can't catch a break! Hope Belle is 100% now! I think your cloud has drifted over to my house, though. The kids have a yucky virus but thankfully only JP is the fussy one. I don't know what I would do if all 3 were miserable!!!

    Would you call that piece an armoire? It's great! I know you'll make it look great and with Alex's help it'll be done in no time, right?

    Happy subbing and may you have a fantastic week!


  4. Tami Says:

    Happy to hear that all is getting better at your house! Love the new dresser, what a great deal!


  5. Shannon Says:

    Goodness! Ya'll have had a lot going on around there! Glad things are looking up again.

    That chest is awesome! It is going to look great!


  6. The Runyans Says:

    20 dollars.......that's awesome!

    i can see the potential, and it will be beautiful!


  7. AJ Says:

    Well thank goodness you are all on the mend over there!! Sounds like it has been a rough couple of weeks! My littlest has had a bad cough for the past 3 or 4 days. I'm sooo hoping it doesn't turn into anything worse! Can't wait to see your new find all prettied up:)


  8. Marie Says:

    Wow! I'm so glad you are all feeling better. Your poor baby. Asthma sounds awful. ;o( GREAT yard sale find. TWENTY dollars?? Way to go. :o)


  9. I am sorry about your little one being so ill! It usually is harder on the parents than the child...although it sounds like it was a tough time all around. I am glad Belle is feeling better.

    I love your great find at the garage sale! Good Luck!

    Beth


  10. Oliver's Says:

    Glad everyone is well. I can't wait to see this piece when it is finished..I see the beauty in it already. Smiles, Paula


  11. Tausha Says:

    I love that peice! Only 20$ What a deal! I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!
    I didn't know that you could pull a muscle there from coughing, although it totally makes sense!! So glad that she is feeling better. You have has a hard couple of weeks. I hope the next few you get a nap!!!


  12. Celeste Says:

    of course alex didn't want you to use his tools... i can hear him now!! haha!! oh well. so why don't you keep the chest of drawers AND this new thing in the room?? I think that your girls have more than enough to fill them both and as they get bigger, so do their clothes! just a thought. i am getting super excited about coming out to visit. i think my parents want to go to see the king tut exhibit...


  13. Lamp Tramp Says:

    I'm so sorry to hear about the sickness, asthma, and all. My daughter has asthma, COPD, & allergies as well. Not fun, I know what you are going through. I hope you are better, great that you are subbing! It is so hard to work as the sick Mom and deal with your own children being sick.

    I love the antique chest, it will be perfect when you transform it to you specifications!
    xoxo!


  14. cherry Says:

    So sorry you have been sick....man o man there are some bugs out there. LOVe the armoire...score. cherry


  15. Casa Mia Says:

    Glad she's feeling better. I know how it's like with asthma, Daniel has asthma as well. Great find by the way, it will look fabulous when painted white.