Deb
(Okay, I'm editing this... just pretend that this was posted on Thursday... originally, as this will be part of my Thrift Store Thursday post. More thrift store pictures to follow. For more fun Thrift Store Thursday ideas visit Homebody.)



I often find things at my local GW, and don't know what I will do with it, but know that they have potential. My hubby sometimes thinks I'm collecting junk, but I assure you... it all has a purpose. So a while back, my sister and I went thrifting. She has lots of really good thrift stores by her (I'm super jealous) and I found lots of treasures. Well my pile of "potentials" has been growing and low and behold I found some mojo this morning to do something with some of my pile. My poor master bath has been in need of some beautification and I thought this was the perfect thing for it.


Notice the pretty print. I'm sure someone thought this print was pretty at some point. I'm sure some people still have it hanging in their homes and it may totally work with what they have going on. But quite honestly, it just didn't fluff my feathers. So I redid it. I used this...



and some of this...



then added this...



and finally came up with this.





What do you think? And all it cost me was $4 for the frame. I had the cross, and the scrapbook paper, plus the glues, so this was a relatively pain free project for my husband. "Don't spend" he says... so I didn't. I'm feeling more projects for that bathroom now...

Have a great evening.
*ciao*
deb
11 Responses
  1. Darlene Says:

    What a beautiful transformation! LOVE it!



  2. Holly Says:

    That turned out so well...what a great idea!
    Thanks for joining TST :)


  3. Carrie Says:

    Wow, what a pleasing re-design!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Really fabulous transformation! Love the idea!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Tina


  5. Tracy Says:

    That's an awesome transformation! It's beautiful! And 4$? That's hard to beat. = ) Thanks for sharing.



  6. Amber Says:

    I really like the texture of 3-D art. Your remake of the frame turned out really nice!


  7. It looks great! It' like an entirely new piece! Thank you for joining in on the party! Jen


  8. Unknown Says:

    great transformation! Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, please link back to Reinvented next time so that all of the projects are shared!